Friday, February 13, 2009

Minnesota River Valley

Two weekends ago I traveled an hour south west with MCAD Alumni, Isaac Berends and MCAD student, Allegra Denton. Each of us went for a variety of reasons, but mine was to collect more logs for my sculptural books. Along the way I also came upon some nice reeds that I will make paper out of to create the pages, as well as the content. Here are some photos of that trip:
We really didn't see this beaver, but I imagine it was his cousin or close family friend that chewed the tree that we saw.
These are the reeds I brought back with me from the area shown above. In the past three days I have been soaking them and then I cooked them with soda ash for 4 hours. I'll make the paper today, so hopefully by tomorow it will be dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment