Monday, June 8, 2009

Mississippi River Trips

This summer I am working on a fellowship at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts. I have been working on a project that combines natural fibers with the texture of the place with pulp painting, line bleeds and screen printing with pulp (which I learned about at the SGC conference in Chicago this Spring from Jen Thomas)
I am going up the Mississippi as far as it goes in Minnesota along the Great River Road (a stretch of connecting roads that follow the Mississippi River for 575 miles within the state and almost 3,000 miles across 10 states). My first stretch was to Hasting, MN south of Minneapolis about 30-45 minutes. I visited the Schaars Bluff Park and took the following photos. I also made some rubbings, which I will scan and post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment